Privacy and Security
SECTION 1: HSBC DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- Transparency: We will be clear and transparent as to how we collect and use data, including providing data subjects with a statement of how we may use their data where required.
- Fair and lawful usage: We will only collect, process and store data lawfully and where we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Limited purposes: We will collect and process data for specified and lawful purposes, and will not use it for further, incompatible purposes without first taking all steps necessary under applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
- Data minimisation and adequacy: We will ensure our collection, retention and processing of data is proportionate. We will strike an appropriate balance to ensure that we process sufficient data to carry on our business and achieve any specified lawful purpose, while making sure that we do not collect, retain or process excessive amounts of data.
- Data quality and accuracy: We will maintain appropriate standards of data quality and integrity, and we will implement policies in respect of data accuracy, including taking steps to avoid becoming out of date where appropriate.
- Data security and retention: We will retain data securely, implement appropriate data retention policies, and we will dispose of data securely once it is no longer required. We will ensure that appropriate processes are put in place so only HSBC colleagues with a business requirement to access such data are authorised and able to do so.
- Training and awareness: We will ensure that HSBC colleagues with access to data are trained appropriately on their obligations regarding those data.
- Data subject rights: We will ensure that data subjects' rights are observed in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including any timeline establish thereby.
- Third parties: Where we appoint a vendor or agent, we will require them to apply standards equivalent to the HSBC Data Privacy Principles. We will only disclose data to governmental or judicial bodies or law enforcement or agencies or our regulators where this is allowed by applicable data privacy laws and regulations, or otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Data transfers: Where we voluntarily transfer data to another HSBC entity, third party or to another jurisdiction, we will ensure that the data transfer is lawful and that the recipient is required to apply the same, or equivalent, standards as the HSBC Data Privacy Principles.
SECTION 2: Data Privacy Notice
Your data (including personal data) is important to us. Read this notice to find out how we collect, store, use and share your data.
|1. HOW WE COLLECT AND STORE YOUR DATA||2. WHAT WE USE YOUR DATA FOR||3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH|
We collect your data
▪ when you interact with us
We store your data in physical or electronic form on our systems , our service providers’ systems (including third party cloud providers) locally or overseas.
We comply with the laws of Singapore.
We use your data
▪ to provide products and services to you
We may share your data
▪ with other companies and third parties who help us to provide services to you or who act for us
We may share your data locally or overseas.
You can access your data or withdraw your consent
You can request access to the data we store about you. We may charge a fee for this.
You can also ask us to correct or update your data.
You can also withdraw your consent to any use of your data by contacting us.
You can set your marketing preferences
You can contact us at any time if you don’t want us to send direct marketing to you via certain channels, such as email, telephone calls, mobile messaging or post.
You can contact us
HSBC Asset Management(Singapore) Limited
Data Protection Officer
Data collection and storage
Your data may be used to
▪ assess you for products and services and enable us to provide and operate them
We may collect
▪ data that you give to us such as your contact and identification details
If you don’t give us data or if you withdraw your consent to any use of your data then we maybe unable to provide products or services. We may also collect data about you from third parties such as
▪ people who act for you or who you give consent to transfer data to us
We may also generate information about you
▪ by combining information that we and other HSBC group companies have collected about you
Storing your data overseas
Protecting your stored data
Our third party service providers that receive your data are required to comply with strict measures to protect your data.
If you provide data about others
We share your data with
▪ HSBC group companies or business
We may share your anonymised data with other parties not listed above. If we do this you won’t be identifiable from this data.
This is when we use your personal data to send you details about products, services and offers such as financial, insurance or related products and services provided by us or our co-branding partners, rewards, loyalty privileges or charities. This includes providing you with personalized marketing (including by aggregating your data with data of others or through social media advertising partners). We’ll only do this where you’ve consented (including by you giving us an indication of no objection where this is permitted by law).
We may use your contact details and data such as your demographic information, the products and services that you’re interested in, transaction behaviour, portfolio information, location data, social media data, analytics and information from third parties when we market to you.
You can tell us any time if don’t want to receive marketing from us by updating your marketing preferences on our web-site, clicking our “unsubscribe” links in our emails or by contacting us (it may take a short time to update our records to reflect any change).
We’ll need to get your separate consent to share y our data with other HSBC companies and business divisions, or third parties for them to market their products and services to you.
SECTION 3: Website Policy
- COOKIES: We will assess your usage and activities on our website to improve your experience when visiting the site. We will also work with third parties including Doubleclick, Yahoo!, Facebook, Nielsen//NetRatings, WebTrends and Adobe, who use technologies such as cookies, spotlight monitoring and web beacons to collect and use information (i) to find out more about users of our website, including user demographics and behaviour and usage patterns, (ii) for more accurate reporting, and (iii) to provide you with personalized marketing based on your individual interests , if you’ve given us your consent to do so.
- THIRD PARTY SITES: Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Your use and access of such links is governed by the Hyperlink Policy and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites.