Our multi-asset income strategies, aim to deliver a steady potential income stream from a diversified range of asset classes, with different geographical focuses.
Financial markets can sometimes be inefficient; meaning that securities are not always accurately priced and can deviate from the true discounted value of their future cash flows over time. This is why our decisions on asset allocation are dynamic in order to exploit shifts in asset class prospective returns, rather than following a ‘set and forget’ strategy.
Three-stage investment process:
- Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) - Constructing an optimal long-term asset allocation
- Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA) - Adjustments to the asset allocation to account for our shorter-term market outlook
- Portfolio Implementation - Implementing the desired asset allocation
- Over 20 years’ experience managing multi-asset solutions
- Global investment process blending quantitative and qualitative approaches
Global Emerging Markets Multi-Asset Income Strategy
Why this strategy?
- Emerging markets may offer appealing investment opportunities. However, focusing on a single emerging market segment (e.g. asset class and/or geography) often exceeds the risk investors are prepared to accept in their portfolios
- The strategy aims to smooth these ‘single market’ risks by efficiently combining different emerging market asset classes globally, including equities, bonds and currencies
- Such portfolio diversification enables investors to access emerging markets with a more balanced level of risk
- The strategy leverages the active asset allocation process of our global multi-asset fund ranges while benefiting from HSBC’s emerging markets investment expertise
This page is prepared for general information purposes only and does not have any regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and the particular needs of any specific person who may receive it. This page does not constitute an offering document and should not be construed as a recommendation, an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to purchase or subscribe to any investment.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Investors and potential investors should not invest in the Fund solely based on the information provided in this document and should read the prospectus (including the risk warnings) and the product highlights sheets, which are available upon request at HSBC Global Asset Management (Singapore) Limited (“AMSG”) or our authorised distributors, before investing. You should seek advice from a financial adviser. Investment involves risk. Past performance of the managers and the funds, and any forecasts on the economy, stock or bond market, or economic trends that are targeted by the funds, are not indicative of future performance. The value of the units of the funds and income accruing to them, if any, may fall or rise and investor may not get back the original sum invested. Changes in rates of currency exchange may affect significantly the value of the investment. AMSG has based this document on information obtained from sources it reasonably believes to be reliable. However, AMSG does not warrant, guarantee or represent, expressly or by implication, the accuracy, validity or completeness of such information.
HSBC Global Asset Management (Singapore) Limited
10 Marina Boulevard, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Tower 2, #48-01, Singapore 018983
Telephone: (65) 6658 2900 Facsimile: (65) 6225 4324
Company Registration No. 198602036R